Samples for any coagulation tests must be filled to the black fill line indicated on the sample tube. Any sample filled above or below this level will be rejected and a repeat sample will be required
Note: For external requests please click Here for Coagulation Disorders request form. Please complete all information fully
Samples that meet the following criteria will not be processed:
- Haemolysed, clotted, underfilled or overfilled samples.
- Samples >12 hours old from the time of collection.
- Samples received from other hospital laboratories that have been frozen and thawed.
- Samples which fail the minimum data set.
- If a patient has been treated with blood products e.g. factor concentrate, FEIBA, etc before performing coagulation inhibitor assays this should be taken into consideration when interpreting the data obtained.
- It may also be useful to perform a lupus inhibitor screen when dealing with a suspected acquired coagulation factor inhibitor.