Samples for any coagulation tests must be filled to the black fill line indicated on the sample tube. Any sample filled above or below this level will be rejected and a repeat sample will be required
This test is used to confirm the presence of Heparin in conjunction with a prolonged Partial Thromboplastin Time (PTT)
Samples that meet the following criteria will not be processed:
- Haemolysed, clotted, underfilled or overfilled samples.
- Samples >12 hours old from the time of collection.
- Samples received from other hospital laboratories that have been frozen and thawed.
- Samples which fail the minimum data set.
- Results are not affected by haemoglobin up to 500 mg/dl or bilirubin up to 24 mg/dl.
- Lipaemic samples cannot be tested with this assay.